Today Would Have Been My Father’s 58th Birthday And I Choose To Celebrate Our Relationship.
I Am Sharing The Four Mindset Shifts That Have Helped Me Tremendously To Understand Love And Show Up For Relationships That Supports Growth.
My Relationship with my dad has been my biggest container for growth over the last four years, and yes I do mean after he passed away. My Father was a man of a small amount of words but his actions spoke louder than words. This was a hard concept for me to understand while growing up because I LOVE Talking and getting excited over the smallest details. I admire him without question, I’ve always wanted to grow up like him: Level-headed, super responsible and audacious. He always wanted what was best for me, we wouldn’t see eye to eye on a few areas but he always listened to what I had to say and we would reach a middle ground always.
This is what I’ve learned about relationships, they are our greatest containers for growth, mainly because we have all been raised in a different way and we have different ways we express and showcase our love for each other.
These are my four tips on how to heal your relationships:
- Recognise what is your love language. How do you show your appreciation and love for the people you care most in your life? It might be through words, actions or contact. Ponder this for a moment. This will give you greater clarity on your preference. Also, think of the ways you enjoy to receive affection from others and if there is a discrepancy there.
- Think of the person you would like to heal your relationship with. How have you shown them your appreciation and set up the environment to talk with them and ask them what’s their love language. You might be surprised by what you find out. Truly listen to what they have to say and then tell them what is yours. Reach to an agreement.
- Love is a two way street and an inside job: Let people love you to their best capability. Love isn’t judgemental or a way to get your needs met. Even if we are talking about a romantic relationship, this person would be a partner, not the answer to your problems. Always know that you are responsible for your own happiness.
- Be open to guidance after you’ve been emotionally triggered and take action. If this person does something that brings up an unwanted feeling in you, learn to forgive and let go. These triggers are perceptions you were called to heal from your past. It could be that you feel you are not good enough or that you don’t belong, etc. You would be forgiving this person in particular and the one who you perceived this fake reality from. After you do this, create a new mantra for yourself that reinforces the positive contrast of the negative feeling trigger.
Hope this helps. Today, I no longer hold anyone responsible for my happiness. I am immensely grateful for the love my dad had to offer and all the growth I have gotten from his teachings and insights. Happy Birthday in heaven, dad! Love you to the moon and back. <3
If you desire to feel at peace, confident, regain your personal power back to create the most beautiful relationships ever and heal any negative perceptions that you may have about being good enough, contact me at www.nicoleelissa.com/clarity-call
This is a free of charge call were we talk how we can work together burst through any block to ensure you create a live you love and don’t recreate anything from your past that you don’t want to. Sign up here www.nicoleelissa.com/clarity-call
Loads of love,
Has it ever felt like you are invisible or that you are not heard? notice if this tends to happen with certain people in your life. Some may not know this but the people in our life are a reflection or a mirror of the thoughts that we have of ourselves and the world. So next time someone irks or torments you, ask yourself what can you learn from the situation and remain in peace.
I say this because it is truly up to us how our presence is shown to the world, we have to take notice of the hidden words that we have in our subconscious mind about the way we see ourselves that are limiting in every single way and are showing up in our lives by those who surround us and create the needed shift so our presence is broadcasted to a higher level of existence.
Like Gabrielle Bernstein says, your presence is your power. You are a truly unique human being who deserves to be treated with love, respect, honor and gratitude. See yourself with loving eyes, practice self care, work on yourself first to be of greater service to your loved ones. The universe expands when you treat yourself with love and understanding. We will all benefit from it.
So today, my invitation is to notice how do certain people’s words or actions affect you or make you feel. If they are in any way negative, analyse the feeling and ask yourself:
1. Is it true?
2. Where did I get this idea?
3. Let it go
4. Thank the person for providing awareness and go on with your life.
Loads of Love, Gratitude and Abundance to all!
Today has been my happiest day of the week so far because I dedicated it full to coaching, preparing material, had two wonderful sessions with amazing results and I am really pumped for the weekend because I am hosting the best “Think and Grow Rich” Seminar with the team at CEB Panamá // Club de Éxito y Bienestar! How cool is that?!
Can you see what is going on here? I am putting dedicated energy to the things that matter to me on an emotional level. I decide to invest my time and energy on what makes me come alive.
What I’ve noticed so far is that most of the time, people don’t even realize where their energy is at on a daily basis. They go with momentum, their energy is focused on whatever shows up in front of them that day and then they have no clue where the week, month or year go. I used to be like this, it wasn’t fun. In fact when people would ask me how I was, most of the time my answer was “bored” because I didn’t know where to focus my energy. I would browse the web all. day. long.
If you are in a situation like this and you’ve made the awesome decision to step up to the life you deserve, it’s time to break the pattern! Create the time, space and ways to do what you love.
Here are a few of tips I have, that helped me focus fully on achieving my desires and eliminating procrastination:
1. Get clear on your purpose. If you are not clear, all situations in your life will be a reflection of that. Write down a statement of what your purpose is and read it everyday with excitement!
2. Learn to say NO. Now that you have clarity on your purpose and on what you want out of life, start showing up to the situations that are in alignment with that and stop showing up for the things that aren’t.
3. Visualization. See yourself living out the life of your dreams as often as you can, give it DETAIL and feel good while you do it.
I want to know what are your ways to be fully focused on going after what you want! What is the best way for you to visualize your dreams? Let me know in the comments below!
I am happy to say that a lot of things are changing in my life for the better and I am so grateful for that. There is joy, laughter, love, a shift of perception and clarity of purpose. I am thrilled to see how the lives of those around me are changing as well and it’s a great pleasure to be able to witness and share these moments with them.
In the midst of all this change, the two things that I consider have been extremely fundamental to manifest these changes and the life you DESIRE to have are to :
1. Have a clear picture of what it is that you want . Take the time to sit down and visualize with perfect clarity what you would like to experience and how that experience feels to you. Dig deep, be specific and get EXCITED! There is unlimited power when you invest time and energy on yourself. Don’t let your days go by without having clarity on what you want to achieve and receive out of life!
2. Make the decision to start experiencing those feelings and desires NOW! Don’t make excuses for yourself, either you want something badly enough, or you are not ready. However small you need to start, just do it. Become available to that dream, to that purpose. The how is irrelevant. Once you make the decision to fulfill that dream, when you focus on the feeling that this dream gives to you, believe me, you’ll get so excited and pumped up that the how will appear. Just make the decision, be unapologetic about it, because you truly deserve to live out your dreams.
It is all about clarity and making a decision. You’ll be amazed by the results